Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
Labelbox’s mission is to build the best products to align with artificial intelligence. Real breakthroughs in AI are reliant on the quality of the training data. Labelbox's data engine enables organizations to dramatically improve the quality of their training data, which makes their machine learning models more accurate and performant. We are determined to build software that is more open, easier-to-use, and singularly focused on helping our customers get to production AI faster.
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, Black + Decker, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), Databricks Ventures, Snowpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re looking for someone who causes customers to fall deeply in love with the products they use and drive them to increase the sophistication with which they use them.
This person will lead product-led growth (PLG) initiatives for our free tier - improving the experience for new users, helping them gain traction, and driving usage within our products. They will also drive strategy and execution of end-to-end lifecycle marketing initiatives including improving retention and Enterprise expansion from core customers as well as building loyalty and advocacy with our superusers.
Our ideal candidate has a pragmatic “no BS” approach to marketing. They are obsessed with product growth and adoption, grounded in a deep understanding of our product and customers - diving into product and user data as well as conducting interviews to guide decisions. They utilize this background to craft strategic and creative approaches that will drive product engagement.
What you’ll do
- Design and execute go-to-market campaigns to drive awareness and increase adoption of Labelbox
- Own GTM metrics from top of funnel to free-tier product usage metrics and paid conversions
- Develop messaging and position for Labelbox targeting high-value “jobs to be done” for AI & ML teams and data teams
- Craft customer communications and/or product initiatives to address areas of concern or opportunity
- Build marketing programs and campaigns designed to drive user behavior in the product (onboarding, conversion, expansion, and retention)
- Lead product development and user engagement efforts to convert free tier into a paid account driver
- Fully understand customer workflows and pain points to develop an increasingly detailed set of personas
- Build measurable loyalty and advocacy efforts with Labelbox customers
- Collaborate with product, marketing and sales to influence future product and pricing initiatives
What you'll need to succeed
- Deep understanding and/or curiosity about AI/ML and data management
- A growth-led mindset fueled by constant experimentation
- A pragmatic approach that consistently leads with strategy, grounded in analytics
- Deep experience (5+ years) with lifecycle marketing and freemium or product-led business models (PLG)
- Experience using database and business intelligence tools (Google Data Studio, Heap, Looker, Salesforce, etc) for exploring customer and product usage data
- An ability to focus attention across multiple major projects and deadlines with proactive organization and flawless attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to assemble and roll out cross-channel coordinated campaigns that translate into product actions
- Experience managing others as well as a willingness to dive in and tackle most of the work yourself
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems (Marketo, Hubspot, etc)
- A relentless curiosity and endless enthusiasm to continually improve
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for this United States based position is $140,000 - $160,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential equity packages or additional benefits. Exact compensation varies based on a variety of factors, including skills and competencies, experience, and geographical location.
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.