Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering – DevOps /
Labelbox’s mission is to build the best products to align with artificial intelligence. Real breakthroughs in AI are reliant on the quality of the training data. Labelbox's data engine enables organizations to dramatically improve the quality of their training data, which makes their machine learning models more accurate and performant. We are determined to build software that is more open, easier-to-use, and singularly focused on helping our customers get to production AI faster.
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, Black + Decker, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), Databricks Ventures, Snowpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll help organize our DevOps practices and provide solutions to meet our scaling needs. You will make decisions regarding product infrastructure architecture along with optimizing our CI/CD processes to maximize throughput. You will mentor other team members along with participating in architecture discussions and implementations with engineering on how best to achieve desired outcomes.
Your Day to Day
- Review infrastructure, security, and organization needs against industry standards and trends to recommend the best approach for us using DevOps best practices
- Recommend improvements to processes to obtain consistent, repeatable results
- Identify bottlenecks and recommend solutions
- Implement CI/CD and other infrastructure projects working with other members of the team
- Perform Code Review for Pull Requests
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
- Tackle problems and resolve active production issues
- 5+ years of experience in bleeding-edge DevOps teams
- Experience in production operations of a SaaS product
- Ability and communication skills to drive initiatives across the company
- Experience working in a startup business culture
- Comfort in a large scale and rapidly growing environment
- Extensive knowledge in cloud platforms, specifically GCP
- Enjoy hands-on troubleshooting in a distributed Linux environment and are comfortable tracing problems through applications and networks
- Expert level knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience with monitoring tools Datadog
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Experience with deployment/automation tools, such as ArgoCD and Terraform
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines and tools from scratch
- Programming/scripting languages like Bash, Python, Java, Go, etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience with maintaining Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and Redis
- You have experience in visualization tools such as Kibana and Grafana
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for this United States based position is $170,000 - $215,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential equity packages or additional benefits. Exact compensation varies based on a variety of factors, including skills and competencies, experience, and geographical location.
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.