Customer Implementation Engineer (m/w/d)
Product & Engineering – Product /
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
Our startup is growing, and we are looking for a Customer Implementation Engineer (m/w/d). If you are a tech geek and strong communicator who wants to partner with Labforward customers to set in place customized solutions for their needs, please apply!
About the role
- Support and scale implementation projects for Labforward products on a technical level, including software development for middleware / API-based integrations to address specific customer implementation needs
- Help accelerate the implementation of technical solutions targeted specifically from a customer-oriented perspectiveImplement detailed integration solutions of systems (i.e. by configuring tools, providing small scripts, using APIs etc.), especially with interfaces to LIMS
- Provide technical second level support to customer questions and inquiries
- Together with our customers, you will work on improving and designing workflow templates in a .yml format to advance our automation solution.
- In the long term, you will scale the provision of workflow templates to current and potential customers
- Experienced in one or more database systems and knowledge of migration techniques
- Fundamental knowledge of computer system architecture, and of how web services and web applications (API, XML, etc.) work
- Customer-oriented and communicative, comfortable delivering and conducting engaging online/on-site workshops as well as training content
- Comfortable writing clear documentation and instructions which explains complex ideas in a simple and direct manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Proficiency in German
Nice to have:
Come join our passionate team and make a difference for science with us!
Please note that the role requires work from the office on regular basis with occasional remote flexibility.
Please apply through the links on the career page of our website (applications received via email will not be considered).
In addition to your CV (in English) and portfolio/online profiles, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don't tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job corresponds to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
You can provide as many details as you wish, and do not worry if you may not know enough about our products - we will be happy to elaborate on that during the initial call!
Please, no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.