Full Stack Engineer - FOS (m/w/d)
Berlin, Karlsruhe or Germany /
Product & Engineering – Engineering - Platform /
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our newest platform team working on our File Object Storage solution! The goal is to provide a space where data can be stored before it is selected for processing, in-depth analysis, and publication by scientists. It will allow having a unified place from which all data along the scientific life cycle can be found, managed, backed up, and archived and to have an easy way of using those data in our products and to share them within an organization.
About the job
- You will be a core member of our newest platform team! While it requires a lot of dedication and ownership, you can also expect to grow in your strengths in this job and take early responsibility for a new product
- You will be responsible for delivering web application features (in coordination with the product team)
- You will develop API endpoints and implement the user interface, follow up on issues and come up with solutions
- You will write clean code with unit and integration tests, make continuous improvements to the codebase, create proper documentation, including API documentation aimed at our users
- You will follow agile practices, work as a team and ensure timely delivery
- You will take part in daily stand-ups, planning sessions, and code reviews
- You will find a lot of interesting technical challenges around data integrity, versioning, scalability, performance, integration with our other products, advanced search, authorization/authentication, accessibility, etc.
Our current tech stack
- Back-End: Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, REST API, Elasticsearch, AWS S3
- Other: GitHub, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, Gradle, IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code
- At least 2-5 years of software development experience in a team setup using modern tools (like Jira, Github, CircleCI, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with Spring and/or at least one frontend framework is a big plus
- Value, understand and apply solid software development fundamentals
- Looking forward to working for a startup and are ready to take ownership, work autonomously and grow together
- Good communicator, not afraid of asking questions and eager to learn from others
- Comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English)
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan, and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile, and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.