Senior Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
Berlin, Germany /
Product & Engineering – Engineering - Platform /
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (m/w/d) to help standardise our deployment processes across our products and deepen the DevOps knowledge across all our teams.
About the role
- Part of our Platform team, dedicated to providing shared services for our 3 Product engineering teams
- In charge of streamlining our products’ deployment process, both in the cloud (bi-weekly releases) and on-premise (quarterly releases). The first step of which would be to align processes across the different teams and formalize deployment strategy
- Support, monitor, and update our cloud infrastructure architecture, develop code solutions to automate core engineering workflows (TDD), review your peers’ work, and deploy releases to our supported environments
- Point of contact of the IT-admins of our customers with on-premise installation, and support them during initial installation and updates
- Mentor our product teams to grow Dev/Ops practices such as deployment, monitoring, logging, performance, security, and reliability
- Bring your expertise to deepen DevOps knowledge in the company and distribute it across the team, taking part in daily stand-ups, iteration planning sessions, risk analysis meetings, team retrospectives, etc
Our current tech stack
- DevOps: GitHub, CircleCI, Bash, AWS (EC2, ECR, S3), Docker, Gradle, Kubernetes
- Back-End: Java 11, Spring, Hibernate, Ruby (RoR), Node.js, MySQL, Postgres, MinIO, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience working as a software engineer in an agile team (or similar) and supporting the deployment of cloud applications
- Valuable experience with at least one major cloud infrastructure provider (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.), one CI tool (e.g. CircleCI, Travis, etc.), one relational database (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, etc), Kubernetes and one scripting language (like python or bash)
- Solid understanding of OS-level concepts, experience in managing Linux servers, and deploying containers is a must
- Strong knowledge about networking, server security, common protocols, and stay updated with developments in the field
- Good communicator, not afraid of asking questions and eager to learn from others and look forward to working for a startup: you are ready to take ownership, work autonomously and grow together
- Comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English)
- Experience with infrastructure as a code, code coverage tools, log monitoring tools, AWS, managing Docker registries
Nice to have:
What do we offer?
- Tailored onboarding and training to help you adapt to your role
- Regular 1:1 and feedback with your manager
- Open working atmosphere & flat hierarchies, where you are free to contribute ideas and work on your own creative initiatives
- Working in a dynamic startup environment with an international team
- Home office or office? Working hours? You decide yourself
- Modern equipment (laptop, monitor, etc.)
- German or Business English language courses to develop your communication skills
- €1000/year for your personal and professional growth
- 28 days of annual leave
- Access to Mental Health Support and regular team & company events (TGIF, Summer Retreat, etc.)
Come join our dynamic team and help us make a difference!
Salary: Senior Level €60k - €85k/year
Please no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our office in Berlin is equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.