Office and Events Manager (m/w/d)
Business – HR /
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
Although the current pandemic situation has reduced occupancy in our office we are looking to hire an Office and Events Manager who will ensure a good organisation, great atmosphere, take care of the inventory and plan some amazing events both online and in-person when things get back to normal
About the role
- Point of contact for all office related topics including post and deliveries management, and cooperation with building administration
- Supporting onboarding process, workspace set-up and preparing new joiners for their first day including planning the office tour and maintain a new-joiners city guide of Berlin (and Karlsruhe)
- Maintaining office in the optimal state including but not limited to tidiness, safety and coordination with cleaning staff, ensuring good condition of furniture and managing orders for office and kitchen supplies
- In charge of planning, coordination and announcements of our online/offline end-of-the-week TGIF sessions and supporting team leads in organizing team building activities, user meetings and partner events
- Animate and manage social channels on Slack (internal communication tool) including adding all the new members to appropriate groups.
- In charge of planning activities and the location for our semi-annual company retreat including support of the business travels booking process for the event and throughout the year.
- Point of contact for the organisation of events in our Showroom Lab such as user meetings, demo sessions, partner events, etc.
- People person, able to quickly establish good relations and communicate efficiently in both German and English
- Good organisation skills, not afraid of handling multiple tasks and responsibilities, comfortable in dynamic environment
- Able to work independently and take initiative both as a team member and individual contributor
- Experienced in working with G-suite or Microsoft Office and a quick learner happy to pick up new skills when it comes to the office tools.
- Background in office management, gastronomy, customer service or any client facing role
- Experience with Slack and Notion
Nice to have
Come join our passionate team and make a difference for science with us!
Please note that the role requires work from the office on regular basis with occasional remote flexibility.
Please apply through the links on the career page of our website (applications received via email will not be considered).
In addition to your CV (in English) and portfolio/online profiles, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don't tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job corresponds to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
You can provide as many details as you wish, and do not worry if you may not know enough about our products - we will be happy to elaborate on that during the initial call!
Please, no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.