(Senior) Product Manager (m/w/d)
Berlin, Karlsruhe or Germany /
Product & Engineering – Product /
Labforward is a cutting-edge technology start-up developing ground breaking software products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for an analytical thinker who is keen on technology, and wants to become a true specialist of our Laboperator product.
About the role
- You are the person responsible for strategic roadmap planning during the application’s life-cycle of our cutting-edge product
- In the context of our multi-product strategy, you prioritize needs and resources, improve product processes, plan releases and ensure cross-product coordination
- You manage continuous changes to requirements by documenting new features specification and project elements together with the designers, engineers, and customers
- You identify and develop topics for the Laboperator product roadmap by executing and evaluating prototype testing with stakeholders as well as by collecting user feedback and turning it into actionable insights
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience as manager of a digital product in an agile, software development team
- You have experience with a SaaS product for B2B customers
- You are familiar with the challenges of digitalization, and will support a mobile-first approach
- You are confident in English and German
- Scientific background or experience in working in a lab is a plus
Come join our passionate team and make a difference for science with us!
The position can be filled in Berlin, Karlsruhe, or remotely in Germany with regular travel to Berlin.
Please apply through the links on the career page of our website (applications received via email will not be considered).
In addition to your CV (in English) and portfolio/online profiles, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don't tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job corresponds to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
You can provide as many details as you wish, and do not worry if you may not know enough about our products - we will be happy to elaborate on that during the initial call!
Please, no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matters - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.