Product Designer (UX/UI) (m/w/d)
Product & Engineering – Design /
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for a Product Designer (m/w/d) for our product Labfolder. We are in the process of redesigning our product, so it is a very exciting time to join the team! If you are a creative, user-focused UX/UI professional, and want to join our agile team to work with our digital products, please apply!
About the role
- You will participate in redesigning and developing new features and functionalities for our responsive electronic laboratory notebook - Labfolder, delivering a simple and beautiful interface for our users of all levels
- You will be an important part of our software development team, working daily with the product and engineering teams on ideation processes, product discovery, design sprints throughout the whole development process
- You will create solutions for our customers and users that open up new levels of utility and added value by improving the design process
- You will provide static designs and prototypes, while assessing their technical feasibility, and maintain UI components and asset libraries
- You will help to shape the evolution and growth of the design team, and help to constantly improve processes in the product team and in the company
- Adobe CC 2020
- Atlassian Jira & Confluence for project management
- GitHub as a code repository
- Icomoon for icon management
Experience with these solutions is appreciated.
Knowledge of the utilised frontend technologies (Aurelia, React) is a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience as a UX/UI product designer of a digital product in an agile team, ideally working on a SaaS product optimized for mobile use
- You have hands-on experience with the UXPin tool for prototyping
- Advanced capabilities of abstraction that help you create a simple UX when presented with complex architecture
- Good communicator and a team player who is eager to share knowledge with the team and help others to grow
- Great level of self-organization, time management and keep up to date with the latest trends and methodologies around UX and UI
- Confident in English (German is a plus)
- Scientific background or experience in working in a lab is a plus
Come join our passionate team and make a difference for science with us!
Please note that the role requires work from the office on regular basis with occasional remote flexibility.
Please apply through the links on the career page of our website (applications received via email will not be considered).
In addition to your CV (in English) and portfolio/online profiles, we prefer to work with focused questions rather than a formal cover letter. Even if you don't tick all the boxes, please tell us:
1. How does this job corresponds to your expectations?
2. What would you bring in the team?
3. What do you think of our products?
You can provide as many details as you wish, and do not worry if you may not know enough about our products - we will be happy to elaborate on that during the initial call!
Please, no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.