Front-End Engineer (m/w/d) React
Berlin, Karlsruhe or Germany /
Product & Engineering – Engineering - Laboperator /
Labforward is a technology start-up developing ground breaking Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products for laboratories and scientists.
We have three core products: Labfolder - an electronic laboratory notebook that allows scientists to record all their data in one place, Laboperator - a platform to connect and control laboratory devices using IoT technology, and Labregister - the inventory management system of the lab.
Our products are collaborative, easy to use, and make scientific data more reliable. We are building the operating system of the lab, connecting data, devices and researchers. We will never stop innovating to enhance productivity at the bench with technology.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer (m/w/d) to join our brand new project and help to create the Workflow Editor - a new Laboperator companion application.
About the job:
- Responsible for developing a brand new application to help laboratory teams translate their laboratory processes into workflows and thereby improve their research and development
- Writing clean code with unit and integration tests to validate code changes and improve the reliability and quality of the product
- Contributing to the design of an application being developed from scratch
- Having early ownership of a new application
- Follow agile practices, work as a team and ensure timely delivery
- Taking part in daily standups, planning, mentoring and code reviews
Our current tech stack:
- Back-End: Node.js
- Other: Jira, GitHub, CircleCI, Docker, Cypress, JSON Schema, AWS
- At least 2 years of software development experience in a team environment using modern tools (like Jira, Github, CircleCI, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with HTML and CSS Understanding of and ability to apply solid software development fundamentals
- Good communicator, not afraid of asking questions, and eager to learn from others
- Comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English)
- Full Stack understanding
- Advanced TypeScript skills understanding is a big plus
Nice to have:
Come join our dynamic team and help us make a difference!
Location: The position can be filled in Berlin, Karlsruhe, or remotely in Germany with regular travel to Berlin.
Please no recruiters!
About the team
We brought together a diverse team of passionate scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs committed to simplifying the life of laboratory teams and helping them in their quest to bring innovations and discoveries to the world.
Diversity makes us stronger. However different you may be, come as you are, be part of the team and help us become better. Our diversity and inclusion policy is based on respect and communication. We value each team member for their strengths and weaknesses and cherish complementarity. A healthy work-life balance is encouraged and supported. Our offices in Berlin and Karlsruhe are both equipped with an elevator to ensure accessibility for everyone.
Why work at Labforward?
Our products matter - the software we create assists scientists in the laboratory, making their job easier and clearing the path for groundbreaking discoveries.
Our employees matter - Labforward offers the unique opportunity to grow into your role and shape it how you see fit, with flexible hours and remote working policies, a yearly budget for learning, a company pension plan, and many more! For a detailed list please visit our career site.
Our culture matters - we are a small and international company: our team is supportive, agile, and inclusive, we often run staff social events to strengthen the team dynamic.
Our mission matters - working at a startup means that you will contribute to exciting and innovative projects that are changing the laboratory environment for the better.