Software Developers /
Do you have a keen interest in blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, DeFi, or perhaps NFTs? If you are an experienced Software Engineer aiming to join a cutting edge company, you should reach out ! Labrys is a blockchain technology company based in Brisbane that helps clients identify how they can utilise blockchain technology to their advantage across various use-cases and industries. Labrys conceptualises, designs, and builds entire systems and the web and mobile applications that support them.
About the role
You will ensure that these components and the overall solutions are robust and easy to maintain. In addition, you will coordinate with the rest of the team and end-user/client; therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- End-to-end development of functional web apps using HTML5, React.js, Node.js, and MongoDB
- Creating Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code.
- Being responsive to change requests and feature requests
- Supporting and mentoring junior developers within the company
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing on unfamiliar projects
- Review Pull Request and provide actionable recommendations to maintain high-quality code and reduce technical debt
- Designing and implementing maintainable and scalable web services, applications and APIs with assistance from other engineers/tech lead
- Work with project managers to break down large projects into assignable tasks
- Collaborate with the design team on developing consistent user interfaces
- Writing accurate technical documentation
- Interact with clients and provide technical knowledge when required
- Wear many hats and work on multiple projects simultaneously
About your technical skills:
- Advanced programming skills across multiple frameworks and languages
- A breadth of experience in Typescript, both in the browser (React) and the server (NodeJS)
- Experience with various database programs, including MongoDB and SQL
- Experience with application and API development and a history of delivering high-quality product features
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- You can break down big projects into small deliverables and provide accurate time estimates
- Experience or interest in blockchain and smart contract technologies
- 2-4 years in a similar role
About you as an awesome human being/professional:
- Eager to dig deep when there is a need to resolve a tricky issue
- An empathetic communicator, when disagreeing, you communicate thoughtfully and compromise when needed
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment
- Can reason well about the trade-offs of different programming languages, frameworks, packages or techniques without being stubborn
- Care about the quality of code and the final product as well as the experience of other developers and the client
- Able to effectively manage your own time
What's in for you?
- Mentorship and guidance from other engineers on the team
- Work in an energetic environment at the forefront of cutting-edge technology
- A dynamic role with lots of client engagement where no two days are the same
- An amazing collaborative culture
- we believe in your time management, (No micromanagement!)
- We love to get social!
- Amazing facilities.
- Full time permanent role - Competitive salary!
If this sounds like the role for you ( and not only the role, but also culture, that potentially you have spotted by the way I'm talking to you, yes, Im definitely talking to you!) please complete the application form, attach your cv and a short cover letter addressing the criteria. In the meantime I wish you an amazing day and hope to review your application soon!
If you would like to know more about the role or Labrys, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or get social with Giancarlo Pietropaolo (Gianca). He'll be more than happy to answer your questions.
At Labrys we believe in an inclusive, healthy and diverse workplace. No matter where are you coming from, gender preference, race or belief, YOU ARE WELCOME TO APPLY!