Software Engineer III (Remote)
Ladders has been at the forefront of the jobs and careers space for almost two decades. Our highly focused job search is supported by innovations such as current hit products Apply4Me, Tap2Call, and ATS Resume Parser, which have helped millions of professionals find better, more rewarding careers. Previous innovations include Ladders Resume Service, Ladders Signature Job Search Program, Ladders News and many, many more. Our innovation-driven mission and engineering-driven culture focus squarely on job search success for our members.
So if you're looking for a fast-paced company where your ideas today can become our best-selling products tomorrow, join Ladders and help us lead the leaders.
Ladders is actively recruiting Software Engineers. We are looking for talented individuals who can lead by example, promote technical craftsmanship, and grow the team both by abilities and head count. From product conceptualization to engineering implementation you will have deep impact in our engineering-led organization. We currently use Clojure, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, MariaDB on the back end, and React/Redux on the front end, but we value all applicants who have a deep understanding of web technologies and an eagerness to expand their skill set.
- Lead junior engineers and designers to provide strong stakeholder focused experiences
- Practice and promote craftsmanship in software engineering (testing, code reviews, documentation, scalability, performance, etc.)
- Own long-term impacts of key design decisions and balance technical debt with business needs
- Break down requirements, estimate tasks, and assist in planning roadmap accurately
- Develop iterative solutions to address expansive product goals
- Grow engineering teams through mentorship, recruiting, and interviewing
- Focus on team over individual achievements
- Lead definition of team objectives and drive team towards them
- Experience with a variety of languages, stacks, and programming paradigms
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally with non-engineering departments
- Deep knowledge of design patterns and algorithms
- Architected non-trivial solutions for a company at scale
- Capability to contribute across a typical web stack
- Curious, self-motivated, and an empathetic drive to solve problems
- Project/Product management experience
- Experience working with Clojure
- Experience with Machine Learning/Data Science
- Previous experience working in a startup environment