People Operations Manager
Kuala Lumpur /
City Teams – Malaysia /
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it!
Currently, Lalamove is a leading global on-demand delivery platform with millions of delivery partners serving millions of orders everyday. With 1600+ employees spread across SEA and LATAM, our 9-year old company has reached unicorn status in 2018, is well funded by prominent VCs and has kept growing at tremendous speed since.
Our strength lies in our internal values, namely Passion in serving local communities, empowering SMEs and our driver partners, Execution and Grit because that is how we differentiate ourselves by never giving up and striving for excellence, and Humility - awareness in ourselves to learn from others and never stop improving.
At Lalamove, we strongly believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs. Our vision is to bring communities closer and make city life easier by allowing fast and convenient circulation of goods. We realize this vision with a ‘glocal’ approach, building a robust operations team to adapt our product to local networks of businesses and delivery contractors. At the same time, we have ambition to build an international brand by establishing an even more global presence.
- All great people teams are built on rock solid foundations - as the business needs continue to evolve, we are now seeking a People Operations Manager, focusing on building out of the Malaysia operations and working closely with our management team as a partner to the business.
- This role will manage the HR function in Malaysia for our passionate team of 180 and growing, spread across Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bahru and Malacca. The incumbent will be responsible for executing people strategies across the full spectrum of People topics, to grow and maintain our presence in the Malaysia market
- We’re looking for someone who has experience in a high growth startup, setting up local and regional Malaysia-related HR processes and able to recruit the right people quickly.
What you will do:
- Hiring Strategy and Recruitment:
- As the key focal point of our hiring process you will need to anticipate talent requirements by actively developing a strong pipeline and consistently enhance candidate experience.
- Define organization needs and manage the selection process, actively headhunt to bring in top talent and to find the best cultural and skills fits for the company across all business verticals. You will also use data to inform realistic hiring goals and support the requirements of the operational teams - ensuring the process goes smoothly at all levels.
- In addition to having a wealth of experience gained from demanding recruitment environments, this role needs someone who can communicate those valuable insights across the company.
- Liaise with senior management to ensure that hiring timelines and strategies match the company’s plans for growth.
- Develop & perform recruitment action plan and responsible for end-to-end recruitment journey
- Coordinate with Hiring Managers to facilitate recruitment plan & process i.e. internal & external recruitment, employee rotation, employee mobility.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure smoothness of workflows.
- Ensure the quality of employee information in HR systems, to be accurate and complete in a timely manner.
- Create an excellent onboarding experience to new staff (from offer stage to onboard)
- Address & evaluate issues regarding recruitment, action plan, and process as well as provide inputs for improvement.
- Prepare hiring forecasts as part of the company's strategic planning.
- Partner with management and HR operations in identification and prioritization of current and future talent needs.
- Continuously update oneself with changes in HR trends & tools, industry movements.
- Collaborate with others teams on other People Operations special projects i.e. People Operations Process Improvement, Employer Branding, Internship Programs, Open House Recruitment.
- Actively work toward building a diverse and qualified team to support the organization
- HR Operations and Employment Law:
- Oversee day-to-day people operations of the business, including payroll, benefits, time off, contracts, and daily company compliance requirements.
- Own the management of payroll and other company software to keep them up-to-date and effective.
- Collaborate with the FD People and FD Legal teams in Hong Kong on any related employment law matters, employment legislations and compliance management.
- Collaborate with functional People teams on company-wide benefits programs, compensation strategy and other HR related matters.
What we seek:
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail, reliable and well organized.
- Ability to exercise discretion at all times is essential.
- Able to prioritize, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Strong representation of Lalamove’s four core values; Passion, Grit, Humility & Execution
What you’ll need:
- Undergraduate degree and a Master's degree in HR or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in HR ideally gained in fast-paced, dynamic environments, helping to scale/manage rapid growth.
- Strong knowledge of Malaysia labour regulations, HR operations and local/regional recruitment specifics.
- Ideally has experience working across multiple markets in Malaysia.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint Excellent written and spoken English
To all candidates- Lalamove respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This Notice will inform you how we will use your personal data, explain your privacy rights and the protection you have by the law when you apply to join us. Please take time to read and understand this Notice. Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.lalamove.com/en-hk/candidate-privacy-notice
Untuk semua kandidat- Lalamove menghormati privasi Anda dan berkomitmen untuk melindungi data pribadi Anda. Pemberitahuan ini akan memberi tahu Anda bagaimana kami akan menggunakan data pribadi Anda, menjelaskan hak privasi Anda dan perlindungan hukum yang Anda miliki saat Anda mendaftar untuk bergabung dengan kami. Mohon luangkan waktu untuk membaca dan memahami Pemberitahuan ini. Pemberitahuan Privasi Kandidat: https://www.lalamove.com/ms-my/candidate-privacy-notice