Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR /
Engineering – Tech /
At Lalamove, we believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs. We are full steam ahead to make Lalamove synonymous with delivery and on a mission to impact as many local communities we can. We have massively scaled our efforts across Asia and now have our sights on taking our best in class technology to the rest of the world. And we are looking for talented professionals to join us in this journey!!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll primarily be developing and maintaining features for our API and internal tools. In this role, you will be the backbone to every product; optimising new and existing algorithms that make our operations run smoothly. You will be design, implement, and launch scalable systems to build new products, features, and services as well as improve existing ones. As Lalamove continues its rapid expansion, our products must be able to support the growth coming from our users, drivers, and orders.
What you'll do:
- Work on a cross functional team to develop and enhance Lalamove core products or platforms
- Design and build features in backend microservices
- Write high quality maintainable and testable code
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to delight our customers
- Work along with developers to drive code quality, knowledge sharing, and development
What you'll need:
- 4+ years hand-on experience in Backend development (Preferably in Java / PHP / Node.js / GoLang) with University graduate in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields
- Sound Knowledge of middlewares such as Redis/ElasticSearch/Kafka/RabbitMQ, etc
- Care about code quality, not just your own code but the whole project.
- Experienced in code refactoring
- Can-do attitude. Not afraid of critical/difficult issues.
- Enthusiastic about backend, API microservice technologies
- Positive energy, Ability to work independently, Good communication, willing to help team members
- Experience with Redis, MySQL or other SQL solutions
- Be flexible, grow, and learn quickly in a startup environment
- Good communication of written and spoken English
- Candidate with less experience will be considered for Software Engineer
To all candidates- Lalamove respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This Notice will inform you how we will use your personal data, explain your privacy rights and the protection you have by the law when you apply to join us. Please take time to read and understand this Notice. Candidate Privacy Notice: https://www.lalamove.com/en-hk/candidate-privacy-notice