LalaFood – LalaFood /
Lalafood was founded in 2018 and inspired by our desire to bridge the flavours of thousands of restaurants to millions of Filipinos by transforming everyone’s food delivery experience through our API. By providing a platform for anyone to order food on-demand, we help empower restaurants (big and small) and continuously pave new opportunities for Filipinos to earn and make ends meet.
Here at Lalafood we don’t just offer jobs, we offer life changing careers! Our company culture is one that’s based on trust and reliability. We’re always looking out for the best in the industry and we are hoping that you are one of those.
We are currently in need of a Backend Engineer under the Technology team of our Manila office. The role will primarily focus on developing and maintaining features for our API and internal tools. The candidate will also be the backbone of every product by optimizing new and existing algorithms that make our operations run smoothly. Likewise, the role will also design, implement, and launch scalable systems to build new products, features, and services as well as improve existing ones.
What you'll do
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to maintain a high bar for quality.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend components and services with RESTful API using Spring Boot framework in Kotlin.
- Craft, review, and troubleshoot code to develop functional web applications.
- Understand the business needs and routinely inspect the code for speed optimization.
- Ensure that new features and updates are rolled out in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate complex technical and architectural problems that should be address appropriately.
What you'll need
- A bachelor’s degree holder with at least 2 years relevant work experience in backend development.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages like Java/Kotlin.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Knowledgeable in writing API documentation and building RESTful APIs.
- Proficient with MySQL solutions
- Work related experience with AWS, Docker, Elasticsearch, Redis and Spring Boot framework is an advantage.
- Excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones.
- Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills.