Director of Product
Product – Product
We’re disrupting the traditional logistics industry. Onto our 7th year, growing from 12 cities in 2015 to current 250+ - we are the no.1 Market leader in on-demand, intra-city deliveries.
Our mission is to empower local communities by making delivery fast and simple. We are transforming the way businesses and consumers use logistics, using technology to enable efficiency, generate income for drivers and bring convenience to our end users.
With new markets to conquer and the will and desire to continue to lead the revolution of delivery globally, we are now looking for a passionate and driven Director of Product to lead a team of high calibre product owners.
What we seek:
- Team Player. You aim to be the most valuable player in any setting, naturally strong communicator, experience in working across multiple stakeholder groups, ability to appreciate the importance and value each department brings, taking complex topics and making them simple
- Real passion for building and growing teams. You have deep experience leading teams of PMs. You are skilled at crafting a world-class product organisation structure against O2O business models and you are passionate about coaching, mentoring and making great PMs even better
- Focused on building businesses. You are able to lead our product vision and articulate how and what to execute to get us there. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics is a must.
- Data-centric. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Customer passionate. You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to solve our users and partners’ most pressing problems. Ability to instill mindset of going above and beyond to understand the pain-points of your end-users and make it your mission to improve their experience.
- “Driver” personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master simplifier with the motto “no ambiguity”, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Thrive in fast paced and competitive environment: You understand that internet is the Olympics of business, with many well-funded competitors who will burn money to gain market share - not only does this excite you, you want to take this challenge head on and come out as the winner together with our team.
- Ruthless prioritization of backlog. There are endless things that “need” to be done, so you drive the product team to prioritize based on customer outcomes.
- Passion, upbeat and energetic, positive impact on people around you, intrinsic drive to be better
- Grit, perseverance, never gives up
- Humility, self aware with never ending desire to grow and learn, team and company before self
- Strong Execution and standards — from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
What you'll need:
- Minimum 5 years product management experience delivering highly successful, innovative, and user centric software as well as leading, recruiting, and mentoring teams of product managers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), with experience leading presentations to executives and large groups of people
- Experience with a variety of development processes, including agile, scrum, feature teams, etc.
- Experience in multi-sided markets, O2O platforms, and mobility industries is a big plus.
- Experience working in a global environment, delivering product at scale.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience is a plus. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional leadership on a daily basis