Software Engineer (Data Platform)
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR /
Engineering – Data /
At Lalamove, we believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs. We are full steam ahead to make Lalamove synonymous with delivery and on a mission to impact as many local communities we can. We have massively scaled our efforts across Asia and now have our sights on taking our best in class technology to the rest of the world. And we are looking for talented professionals to join us in this journey!!
As a Software Engineer at Lalamove, you will be joining the growing Data Platform team to develop and enhance our data platform. The data platform is the centralized portal that enables engineers and analysts across the company to ingest, process, orchestrate, analyze, and visualize the data of our company. As part of the Data Engineering function, the team will design, develop, maintain, and scale the data platform, including the data infrastructure and data services, which provides the foundation to downstream use cases such as data warehousing, reporting, machine learning, analytics, data products etc.
What you’ll do:
- Build and optimize the data products, which provides data-driven insights and visualizations to support business decision making.
- Ensure and continuously improve the stability and efficiency of the data platform
- Support and troubleshoot technical issues on the data platform
- Work in a cross-cultural geographically-dispersed team environment
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software engineering
- Proficient in Java programming languages and Spring Boot framework
- Understanding of the entire SDLC ( deployment, testing, debugging)
- Solid experience in building and integrating backend microservices and APIs
- Experience in SQL
- Good command of English
- Experience in frontend technologies such as Vue.js, Chart.js etc.
- Experience with Tableau administration
- Knowledge of devops & CI/CD tools
- Contribution to open source repositories
- Comfortable working with multicultural teams
- Fluency in Mandarin
Good to have:
What we offer:
- Diverse & Value driven Culture
- International team Environment
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Healthcare/Insurance Cover
- Free Lalamove swag and merch!
- Monthly credit to use on the Lalamove Application
- Well-stocked fridge full of all the refreshments you need to get you through your day
- Annual Summer company trips
- 15 days paid annual leave
- Parental Leave
- Stunning brand new offices, a 2 min walk from MTR Kowloon Tong