Senior Product Designer /Design Lead
Product – Product
The Product Team at Lalamove is on a mission to be the most customer-centric product team in Hong Kong; ambitious, yes, but also humbled by the magnitude of the problems we are tackling.
Lalamove is seeking a senior product designer to develop a delightful experience for our customers as well as to lead & manage a team of designers. As a senior product designer, you will have a significant impact on our business contributing to the design direction. You are passionate about design thinking at the same time with a result-oriented mindset.
What you'll do:
- Lead the design of new features and updates across the core product as well lead/guide a team of designers
- Identify customer needs and problems with UX Researchers from both qualitative and quantitative research
- Work closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Deliver designs that communicate consistent, effective experiences across all platforms, and are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Hands-on production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Work closely with UX Researchers and PMs to develop the best user flows.
- Conduct usability testing with the UX Researchers, validate your design and iterate based on the customer feedback
- Co-work and develop UX principle, maintain and evolve it based on the customer behavior
- Contribute and improve the Design guidelines, structure and process
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical Experience
- 6+ years relevant work experience managing a team of designers
- Knowledge of principles of responsive design
- Open mind and confident, willing to share, a good team player
- Excellent communication in English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin). Must be able to read and write English & Chinese.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop) to produce wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Any experience with human-centric design, hardware, furniture, apparel, anything that you have designed to make people’s lives better.