Data Warehouse Team Lead
Hong Kong /
Engineering – Data /
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it!
Currently, Lalamove is a leading global on-demand delivery platform with millions of delivery partners serving millions of orders everyday.
With 1600+ employees spread across SEA, INDIA and LATAM, our 6-years old company has reached unicorn status in 2018, is well funded by prominent VCs and has kept growing at tremendous speed since.
Our strength lies in our internal values, namely Passion in serving local communities, empowering SMEs and our driver partners, Execution and Grit because that is how we differentiate ourselves by never giving up and striving for excellence, and Humility - awareness in ourselves to learn from others and never stop improving.At Lalamove, we strongly believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs.
Our vision is to bring communities closer and make city life easier by allowing fast and convenient circulation of goods. We realise this vision with a ‘glocal’ approach, building a robust operations team to adapt our product to local networks of businesses and delivery contractors. At the same time, we have ambition to build an international brand by establishing an even more global presence.
As a Data Warehouse Team Lead at Lalamove, you will be leading the growing team of Data Engineers to design, build, and maintain our data warehouse. Data is only useful when it's understood. Other data teams in the company, including the BI team, the Data Science team, the Optimisation team, and Data Analysts in different functions, rely on the clean and processed data in the centralised data warehouse to maximize the business impact. The data warehouse team will be the owner of the data warehouse design, as well as the data pipeline for its processing.
What you’ll do:
- Involve in defining the Data Warehouse standard at Lalamove
- Develop, operate, and improve the centralized data warehouse of the company based on the business needs
- Work with upstream producers and downstream consumers, to design and implement data schemas and data models
- Implement the data warehouse models and the ETL processing, including code development, testing and pipeline orchestration etc.
- Understand, document and maintain business definitions, data dictionary and data mapping
- Facilitate technical planning and organize the team's projects
- Lead by example and provide technical guidance to the team
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in data warehousing
- Strong experience in SQL, including developing and optimising complex queries
- Extensive understanding of data warehouse design and management, including metadata management
- Experience in the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Hive, HBase, Impala, Spark etc.
- Experience in stream processing pipelines, with technologies such as Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming etc.
- Experience leading a data warehouse team
- Good command of English, fluency in Mandarin is a plus
What We Offer You:
- Fun & Diverse Culture
- International team Environment
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Healthcare/Insurance Cover
- Choose between a Mac or Windows workstation
- Free Lalamove swag and merch!
- Monthly credit to use on the Lalamove Application
- Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Well-stocked fridge full of all the refreshments you need to get you through your day
- Annual Summer company trips
- 15 days paid annual leave
- Parental Leave
- Stunning brand new offices, a 2 min walk from MTR Kowloon Tong