Sales & Business Development Associate
City Teams – Singapore /
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it!
With 1600+ employees spread across SEA, INDIA and LATAM, our 6-years old company has reached unicorn status in 2018, is well funded by prominent VCs and has kept growing at tremendous speed since.
Our strength lies in our internal values, namely Passion in serving local communities, empowering SMEs and our driver partners, Execution and Grit because that is how we differentiate ourselves by never giving up and striving for excellence, and Humility - awareness in ourselves to learn from others and never stop improving.
At Lalamove, we strongly believe in the power of community. Millions of drivers and customers use our technology every day to connect with one another and move things that matter. Delivery is what we do best and we ensure it is always fast and simple. Since 2013, we have tackled the logistics industry head on to find the most innovative solutions for the world’s delivery needs.
What'll keep you busy
- Sales operations: acquire and onboard business users by maintaining a healthy pipeline of leads, and by developing and taking care of professional relationships
- Business development: develop new business opportunities and partnerships with customers
- Sales standards: identify, build and enforce Standard Operating Procedures and Policies to support the activity and solve or prevent issues
- Performance: constantly track the performance of your team to close deals and retain business users, and build corrective/improving initiatives
What you'll be doing
- This is an end to end sales role (from leads generation to closing the deal)
- Attend networking events, community events and hearings to generate leads
- Contact prospective customers by both telephone and email
- Market Research to develop warm leads
- Vet lead list for warm and cold leads
- Identify prospects that fit the target demographic
- Use product knowledge to showcase the solutions that our company can offer to prospects
- Up sell additional products as need arises
- Use database, CRM, or other software to track progress with new prospects
- Report weekly sales goals and objectives to Sales Manager
- Negotiate price with clients who are interested in making bulk orders
- Maintain contact with existing clients to make sure they are satisfied and request referrals
- Attend training to stay up to date with the specifications of new products and service offerings
- Any other task assigned by Sales Manager
What you'll need
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self Starter - Motivated to work on your own initiatives and takes ownership
- Pro-activeness - Someone who has the desire to gain knowledge (eg: through self-learning, reading up)
- In the know - Constantly up to date with global and local news - Knowing what's happening around you. Learning about the news opens up your mind to everything that is going on
- Fearless attitude and a hunter mentality