5 years since Lalamove's inception, navigating the ups and downs of the start up scene, living the real O2O - our values of Passion, Grit, Humility and Execution have taken us from Hong Kong to over 120 cities in Asia.
At present, as the no.1 on-demand delivery platform with over 2.5 million drivers in the region, our aspirations to become synonymous to delivery is stronger than ever. We see a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change how online purchases are delivered, and we are super excited to introduce a new service catering for the surging demand of online delivery.
If you can see the same opportunity as we do, have the courage to take on big new challenges, are willing to roll your sleeves up to execute and make things happen, we want you to join our founding team for this new venture.
As the usage rate of Android has now eclipsed iOS, it has become critically important for Lalamove to focus on it as a core product. We're looking for a passionate engineer to drive new development on the Android platform. You will own the entire software development process for Android, from gathering design details and requirements to implementing them. You will continue to innovate and improve our existing product by building prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and product ideas. Communicating closely with the business and engineering teams as well as our business users will be a key responsibility for this role towards understanding the needs of our end-users.
What you'll do:
- You will drive new development on the Android platform
- You will support development process for Android, from gathering design details and requirements to implementing them
- You will participate in innovating and improving our existing product by building prototypes quickly
- You will demonstrate new features and product ideas
- You will communicate closely with the business and engineering teams as well as our business users and drivers towards understanding the needs of our end-users
What we seek:
- Self-driven: you are naturally an overachiever and want to get things done, with excellent organizational skills, integrity and follow through. You are up for the challenge of doing whatever it takes for our team to succeed
- Passionate: you have a positive outlook on everything and pass the same vibe onto others, internally and externally. You are the poster child of our values and can be our ambassador to spur employee engagement and a buzzing office environment
- Execution: you have experience gained from working in start-up environments and you’re innovative, highly creative and have high standards when it comes to providing top notch onboarding experience to our employees.
- Gritty: besides being charismatic and can talk to anyone and gain rapport easily, you are not afraid of challenges and don’t give up until the goal is met!
- Humility: you never say no, always believe in self-improvement and development, can learn quickly from mistakes and open to feedback. You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed in a get your hands dirty start-up environment.
What you'll need:
- Degree holder or above in related subject
- At least 2 years or above work experience in android apps development
- Exceptional Java development skills Strong knowledge of CS theory (OOP, threading, etc.)
- Experienced integration with RESTful API and JSON
- Can-do attitude and a desire to learn new technologies and tools
- Good command of both written and spoken English