Head of Strategic Partnerships
Outcomes – Sales
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Google Ventures, Stripe, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
As the Head of Strategic Partnerships at Lambda School, you'll play an integral role expanding our community and cultivating relationships with municipalities, universities, and large companies. This role requires a high degree of autonomy and the flexibility to wear many hats. You'll have exposure to the entire company, and as the team grows there will be opportunities to take on leadership roles within our Outcomes team.
You will be responsible for identifying, contacting, and qualifying new opportunities to further Lambda’s mission. You will need to navigate bureaucracy and find creative solutions to get deals done. You’ll drive the entire process of establishing partnerships, from RFP through implementation and own the outcome.
The Head of Strategic Partnerships is an outward facing role on the Outcomes team, reporting directly to the Community Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of contact for all University, Municipal, and corporate partners and manage all aspects of these relationships
- Identify growth opportunities, cultivate relationships with key decision makers, negotiate contracts and manage implementations
- Develop and execute a playbook for every strategic initiative and support implementation across multiple departments (Admissions, Instruction, Student Success, Outcomes)
- Collaborate with Growth and Outcomes teams to leverage strategic partnerships
Experience, Education, and Skills
- 3+ years experience in a Business Development or similar role
- 3+ years experience in an Operations or Implementation role
- Experience working with Governments or Universities
- Experience working at a startup
- You are inspired by Lambda’s mission and are interested in advocating for students
- You have a bias for action, take ownership, and deliver results consistently
- You welcome challenges, set ambitious goals, and have a disciplined approach to accomplishing them
- You are creative and willing to approach problems in new ways
- Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
Bonus if you...
- have a technical background or at least are familiar with the software development process
- have a passion for education
- have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
- have a strong social following
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.