Engineering – Infrastructure /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Platform and Infrastructure team at Lambda School are responsible for the systems used by staff and engineering to make our school work. We use a variety of technologies from AWS, host many of our apps on Heroku, and are responsible for metrics, monitoring, alerting, and logs.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design of our platform for serving students while they are applying, learning, and job hunting.
- Build Infrastructure on AWS from the ground up
- Manage our fleet of microservices on Heroku
- Ensure high availability across all services
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access production infrastructure
- Own the logging, metrics, monitoring, alerting stack
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Balance security and usability with novel approaches to isolation and access
- Provide durable and optimized storage services for internal applications
What You Will Need:
- 4+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing Postgres and Redis
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems
- Ability to debug complex systems and evolve a running environment while maximizing availability
- Hands-on coding ability Interest or passion for building solid, scalable infrastructure
- Experience with logging, metrics, monitoring, alerting tools like Datadog, CloudWatch, Papertrail, Rollbar, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Experience with host, network and account security in a VPC
- Passion about learning about newer services/features on AWS and how we utilize them.
Bonus If You:
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.