Growth and Strategy Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
Growth – Growth Strategy
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We're looking for candidates to join the Growth team at Lambda School, a revolutionary new education company. The growth team is a a blanced mix of data, product, marketing and operations, with a focus on experimentation and driving towards scalable solutions.
One of the key area's of focus is the begining of a student's experience with Lambda. Creating and refining the underlying heuristics we use to make one of our most important decisions as a school: figuring out how we decide which applicants will make great students. Balancing that with growth and ensuring we're giving the maximum amount of opportunity to those who need it most is a balance of data, sales, product, process and customer service.
At a traditional university or bootcamp, the milestone students celebrate is graduation. Not here. Lambda's incentive alignment means that success for our students means starting a new job. Lambda is behind students from day one of class to day-one of a great new job, and we don't succeed if students don't.
In this role, you'll be joining one of the most important education companies today, thinking deeply about one of our core functions: building a rock-solid hiring pipeline that helps our students get a job after finishing Lambda School's technical curriculum. You have an opportunity to rethink the hiring process from square one and explore ways to build the process to be incredibly student focused.
Who you are:
We need big thinkers who are willing to roll up their sleeves. If you love launching new initiatives, managing cross-team collaboration, pushing projects forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
Own the strategic thinking and experimentation around our core operational and marketing processes ranging from admissions to outcomes, and everything else in between. Everything from how we engage with new students, our existing student community, and hiring partnerships to how we tap into our alumni network and our relationships with companies who have already hired Lambda School graduates.
What You'll Need
- Hustle. This role will require a lot of autonomy, leadership and a focus on actionable results. You need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into a variety of problems
- 5+ years experience in business strategy, management consulting, competitive intelligence, and/or growth product and marketing roles.
- The ability to take operations based projects and see how building product around the solutions can help scale
- Enthusiasm for technology and product innovation.
- A strategic mindset with strong critical thinking skills and passion for solving ambiguous or complex issues.
- An exceptional ability to conduct research, create quantitative and qualitative analyses, and translate findings into actionable recommendations.
Big Plus if You
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area; Remote is possible
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.