San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build Infrastructure on AWS from the ground up
- Ensure high availability across all services
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access production infrastructureParticipate in on-call rotation
- Balance security and usability with novel approaches to isolation and access
- Provide durable and optimized storage services for internal applications
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience using Kinesis, Postgres and Redis
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems
- Ability to debug complex systems and evolve a running environment while maximizing availability
- Hands-on coding ability Interest or passion for building solid, scalable infrastructure
- Experience with host, network and account security in a VPC
- Passion about learning about newer services/features on AWS and how we utilize them.
BIG PLUS IF YOU
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.