Admissions – Admissions /
Full Time- Non-Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Enrollment Advisor is responsible for providing a best-in-class experience for all Lambda School applicants while helping them navigate the process of making a life-changing decision.
What you’ll do:
- Enthusiastically reach out to a high volume of new applicants daily via phone and email to guide them through the Admissions process
- Respond to emails, texts, support tickets, and voicemails from existing applicants as you help them navigate the admissions process from application to Day 1 of school
- Set proper expectations with applicants about the amount of work required to succeed at Lambda School
- Achieve and aspire to exceed weekly/monthly metrics
- Master the use of internal systems and applications in order to become more efficient in your daily activities
- Daily team huddles to celebrate wins and share goals
- Demonstrate empathy for the struggles and challenges of our students.
What you’ll need:
- At least 6 months to 1 year of experience in customer service, university enrollment, recruiting, or sales
- Experience managing a high volume of daily outbound/inbound phone communication
- Enterprise software experience (CRM, Salesforce, Outreach, Hubspot, Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of successfully meeting or exceeding goals
- A growth mindset: you’re always looking for ways to improve yourself and your environment
- Determination to persevere through challenges and adversity
- Motivation: you are a rockstar at finding ways to motivate everyone around you
- Confidence and ability to learn and use new tools and systems
- To be organized and methodical - we’re a startup with lots of moving pieces and you must stay on top of them
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.