Full-Stack and Infrastructure Engineer - Lambda Labs Student Development Team
Learning – Lambda X
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a senior development role. We’re looking for a candidate with deep experience in both software development and development operations.
You must be self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight. You value clean code and test-driven development, and you are a lifelong learner. Additionally, you are pragmatic and can move quickly without compromising quality.
As a full-stack engineer in Labs you will be working with a product manager, product designer, student developers and internal stakeholders to craft a product vision that will be built by new junior developers fresh out of the Lambda curriculum and into an apprenticeship environment. You will be responsible for the deployment efforts of multiple open source projects.
This is a remote role, but much of the team and stakeholders are located in Utah and if you live in the Greater Salt Lake area it would be a big plus to allow frequent co-located interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write test-driven code for Frontend and Backend services
- Deploy existing code bases and build out Infrastructure on AWS
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor junior developers
- Ensure high availability across all services
- Work with other Infrastructure engineers to provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access production infrastructureParticipate in on-call rotation
- Balance security and usability with novel approaches to isolation and access
- Provide durable and optimized storage services for internal applications
Experience, Education, and Skills
- 4+ years of experience as a professional developer
- 4+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Working experience with the following technologies: GitHub, TravisCI, React/Redux, Node.js, Postgres / SQL, Airtable, Heroku, Netlify
- Experience using Kinesis, Postgres and Redis
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems
- Ability to debug complex systems and evolve a running environment while maximizing availability
- Hands-on coding ability Interest or passion for building solid, scalable infrastructure
- Experience with host, network and account security in a VPC
- Passion about learning about newer services/features on AWS and how we utilize them.
Big plus, if you...
- Live/work in the Salt Lake City area
- Have a passion for education
- Have experience writing Postgres functions, triggers, and advanced SQL queries
- Have worked in an engineering organization with 1000+ engineers
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest in Web Development technology
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.