Senior Manager, Curriculum
Learning – Curriculum /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is hiring a Senior Manager, Curriculum to join our team. This is an integral role with our organization offering the opportunity to both shape our technical curriculum and inspire our students. You’ll work closely with other leaders across the school in Instruction, Experiential Learning, Assessment, Operations, and other parts of the company. You will have the opportunity to really drive and play a key role in multiple initiatives at the school level. This position will report to our Head of Learning
As an applicant, you are an educator and enjoy seeing the impact of your work on student success. You are meticulous and believe that building a quality curriculum and assessment will in turn produce a high quality graduate that organizations will be excited to hire. You are innovative and love to keep up with technological advances and apply them to your Curricula. You like to be a leader and know that your work will ensure that Lambda School is at the forefront of its space.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of curriculum developers and content experts
- Manage and encourage the development of your team as they support our curriculum
- Clearly communicate the curriculum and assessment vision and strategy with your team, as well as keep your team aligned and motivated
- Develop Curriculum Strategy; lead the vision and strategy of curriculum and assessment at Lambda School
- Ensure Lambda curriculum and assessment is of the highest industry standard
- Create and own curriculum and assessment-related initiatives centered on company and school-wide strategies
- Create and own curriculum and assessment quality metrics that relate to the company’s broader strategic goals
- Work with external hiring managers to ensure our curriculum and assessment properly prepares students for the job market
- Develop systems and processes for regularly gathering, analyzing, and implementing feedback on curriculum and assessment
- Work with external companies and subject matter experts to identify job opportunities for which Lambda could create new training curricula
- Work with other stakeholders to field potential external partnership opportunities; provide input from a curriculum and assessment perspective
What you'll need:
- 5+ years’ experience working in curriculum and assessment development building for Software Engineering, Data Science or a technical track
- 3+ years’ Experience hiring, managing and developing successful teamsIndustry experience as a Software Engineer, Designer or Data Scientist is ideal
- Experience with multiple curriculum mediums; text-based, video-based and project-based learning
- Analytical, design, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with public speaking
- Significant experience working cross-functionally in a fast-paced working environment
- Experience working cross functionally and at all levels of an organization as well as with external stakeholders
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.