San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Admissions Engineering team at Lambda School owns the user sign-up and application experience that allows anyone to apply to Lambda School and get enrolled as a student. The tech stack consists of web-services written in Python (Flask framework) & React for the application experience, offline batch workflows utilizing AWS Lambda & Step Functions for student onboarding, and data & machine learning workflows to predict and optimize student success. If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Design and Implement RESTful APIsLive and breathe reliability and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What You Will Need:
- 4+ Years of experience as a software engineer working in backend languages, preferably Python
- Experience with Postgres or any other SQL-like relational database
- Experience with AWS technologies like Lambda and Step Functions
- Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including requirements collection, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Ability to communicate well with stakeholders in verbal and written
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
Bonus If You:
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.