San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Design and Implement RESTful APIsLive and breathe reliability and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ Years of experience as a software engineer Experience with Java, Go or any other backend language
- Experience with Postgres or any other SQL-like relational database
- Experience with Hadoop or NoSql data stores
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
BIG PLUS IF YOU
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.