Evening Data Science Instructor - Remote Position
Instruction – Data Science
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Data Science Program Director. As the Evening Data Science Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market. Additionally, you’ll be expected to actively contribute to and improve upon the existing curriculum in conjunction with the Program Director.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach our part-time, evening course; class hours: M-Th 6-9pm PST; Sat.9am-12pm PST
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon Data Science course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon mini-bootcamp curriculum that prepares applicants for the course
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
- Coordinate efforts with the course project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms so the PMs can effectively support students’ learning
- Collaborate with other Data Science instructors, student success associates, and apprenticeship associates as needed
- Accountable for course completion rates
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the Data Science industry
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big plus, if you....
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have a interest in keeping up with the latest in Data Science
- have prior start up experience
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits. We aim to find the right candidate and therefore do not have a set timeframe on hiring for this role.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.