Director - Lambda X
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Instruction – Instruction
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
The Lambda X team at Lambda School owns our cross-curricular project-based programs where students gain real world experience building projects in full product engineering teams.
As the Director of Lambda X, you’ll take lead on our three current programs, Labs, Build Weeks, and Continuing Ed, and spearhead new programs that make Lambda X the best place to apply new technical skills to build real world team projects.
Lambda Labs is our five week apprentice experience where students are grouped with cross-functional groups and build new projects in an enterprise product development experience.
Build Weeks are weeklong group projects where students apply what they’ve learned the previous month collaborating with students from other cohorts and courses.
Continuing Ed is a repeating five week unit combining Labs with job search, designed to help students stay sharp, build portfolio projects, and have a supportive, structured environment while hunting for their first job.
Who you are:
A visionary product leader motivated to design a reliable, consistent experience wherein students build real world projects.
What you’ll do:
* Own the vision and roadmap for Lambda Labs, Build Weeks, and Continuing Ed.
* Hire and manage a product development team that will support potentially hundreds of concurrent student projects.
* Collaborate with and learn from the best product engineering teams in the world, applying best practices to our learning environment.
* Put student outcomes first. We are obsessed with student experience and outcomes, and insist on the highest standards of quality.
* Work with relevant teams to optimize the student experience across the entire program.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in product or engineering leadership.
- A network of product minded leaders to consult with, reference, or recruit.
- Instructional design or teaching experience.
- A vision for scaling our student project experiences to 10,000 students and beyond.
- Strategic problem-solving skills and an ability to simplify problems to their core elements.
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction
Big plus if you:
- Have experience building and leading enterprise product teams
- Live/work in the Greater Salt Lake City area, or are able to travel 2-4x per month for onsite collaboration
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.