Marketing – Marketing /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is seeking a marketing leader to join our team. The VP Marketing will oversee all marketing channels for the entire Lambda business and will play a critical role in our organization. As VP marketing you will be responsible for setting the marketing strategy across the entire company and will be a key partner to executive stakeholders including our CEO as well as leaders of our Product, Engineering, Admissions, School, and Outcomes teams. The role will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
As an individual, you will be a builder who enjoys bringing creative ideas and solutions to your work. You are a passionate marketer with a track record of success with the organizations that you have worked for. You love building and developing teams because their success is yours. You are excited by the opportunity to join an organization like Lambda School whose purpose and mission is to truly change people’s lives. You are a champion for diversity and understand its importance to Lambda School, its employees and, most importantly, its students. You know that your role will be critical to ensuring that our students are successful.
What you'll do:
- Set the strategy and roadmap for Marketing for the entire Lambda School organization for all channels across our entire funnel from admissions to outcomes
- Manage, develop, and continue recruiting a high performing, data-driven team
- Own the data, funnel management, and operations for both finding new applicants and new hiring partners. This role includes both B2C and B2B style marketing
- Use the entire marketing toolkit to ensure that Lambda has a strong brand and a strong business
- Obsess over data and try creative strategies to find undiscovered and talented potential students who can succeed with the help of Lambda School
- Work across the company to help drive and build “underwriting” criteria, methodologies, and predictive methods to determine which students Lambda School should accept
- Build reporting for & make operational and marketing recommendations for the executive team and the rest of company
- Work with our Admissions, School, and Outcomes teams to create feedback loops into your marketing to further improve our marketing efforts
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to improve our ability to identify high-quality applicants and partners earlier in the funnel
- Build insights for deeper understanding of our potential students’ needs, habits, and perceptions about Lambda School
What you'll have
- 15+ years experience as a marketing leader ideally in Saas, FinTech, EdTech or Technology
- Combination of B2B and B2C experience ideal, but not required
- 8+ years experience managing & developing diverse teams to deliver on ambitious business goals
- Experience using data to make marketing, operational, and strategic decisions as well as providing data-rich feedback loops between Marketing and the rest of the organization Ideal candidates will have “DNA” from a growth, acquisition or demand generation background but also have experience across the entire marketing skill set including product and brand marketing
- Outstanding leadership skills and proven experience building and leading diverse teams
- Experience hitting customer acquisition goals without a worldwide brand at your back
- Experience balancing competing priorities like quality versus growth
- Experience working cross functionally with engineering, product, and operations teams
- Experience working on or with an executive team
- Experience using marketing technologies and systems as well as social media platforms
- A track record of quantifiable results and success
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.