Director of Data and Analytics
San Francisco Bay Area
Growth – Data and Analytics
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Deliver quality analysis at speed.
We’re looking for someone to lead our Data and Analytics team at Lambda School!
The Director of Data and Analytics is the owner of Lambda’s data. You’ll build and run analytics teams that oversee growth, finance, and operational analytics. You’ll spearhead and PM core infrastructure decisions. And you’ll enable the data that Lambda School sits on to become a strategic driver for where we go in future. Vision in this role is incredibly important, as you’ll be helping to build the organization from the ground up.
Who you are:
Where data is plentiful, arguments are scarce. You’ll help build out a crucial team at one of the most important education startups today. In this role, you’ll increase Lambda School’s organizational effectiveness by enabling other teams (including Senior Executives, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance and Design) to make better decisions faster. You’ll also help define Lambda’s roadmap, improve our core products, and drive us to be even better.
If you have a vision for an overarching data and analytics team, have experience hiring and operationalizing data, love working closely with engineering teams, and you want to tackle big problems in a unique space, this is where you should be.
What You'll Do
- Own the vision and roadmap for the analytics team
- Hire a team of data analysts and scientists to support our strategy, product, and support departments
- Support career paths, mentorship, and growth for team members
- Collect data from multiple sources to support accurate metric reporting and analysis on the organization’s performance.
- Provide improvements and recommendations for the organization.
- Regularly review the accuracy of information, identify new data sources and provide reports to the executive team and board.
- Work with relevant teams to optimize the organization’s workflows processes, management practices, and internal structures.
- Support the development of more formal and complex analyses (e.g. global perspectives, market dynamics).
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of experience in analytics team management, data architecture, data science, data aggregation, workplace analytics, or workplace finance.
- Significant experience with data infrastructure, RDBMS concepts, SQL, and systems like Redshift.
- Strategic problem-solving skills and an ability to simplify problems to their core elements.
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction.
Big Plus if You
- Have experience building a full stack analytics team and data infra
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.