Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Engineering – Engineering
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Google Ventures, Stripe, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
We are a growing startup founded in February of 2017. We currently enroll over 100 new students every month. Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we are a 100% remote company with employees across the continental United States.
As a senior software engineer, you will report directly to the VP of Engineering. You must be self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight. You value clean code and test-driven development, and you are a lifelong learner. Additionally, you are pragmatic and can move quickly without compromising quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reach out to stakeholders and gather requirements
- Write test-driven code for the front and back end
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor junior developersContribute knowledge to the entire team
Experience, Education, and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a professional developer
- Test-driven Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Working experience with the following technologies: GitHub, TravisCI, React/Redux, Node.js, Postgres / SQL, Airtable, Heroku, Netlify
Bonus if you...
- have built microservices
- have experience writing Postgres functions, triggers, and advanced SQL queries
- have written Slack bots
- have worked in early stage start ups
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.