Operations – Recruiting
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As the Recruiter at Lambda School, you’ll be responsible for finding stellar candidates to fill our open positions. You'll be the primary point of contact for candidates and work with individuals across the org to develop job descriptions, hiring plans, and training plans for new hires.
The Recruiter is a outward facing role on the Operations team, reporting directly to the VP of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute recruiting plans
- Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process so that the processes are transparent and measurable. Set continuous improvement goals
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings
- Create job descriptions
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads
- Among other potential recruiting and hiring measurements, collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, the impact of a continuous improvement process on cost savings, and the improvement of work processes in the time taken or steps involved
- Build out templates, feedback forms, and more in Lever
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 3+ years experience in recruitment focused role
- Experience using Lever
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experience working at a high growth startup
- You are inspired by Lambda’s mission and are interested in advocating for students
- You have a bias for action, take ownership, and deliver results consistently
- You welcome challenges, set ambitious goals, and have a disciplined approach to accomplishing them
- You are creative and willing to approach problems in new ways
- Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
Big plus, if you....
- live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- have experience building out Lever templates from scratch and using the reporting tool
- have a passion for education
- have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
- have a strong social following
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.