Strategic Finance Associate
San Francisco Bay Area
Finance – Finance
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We’re looking for a driven and well-rounded Strategic Finance Associate to join our Finance team at Lambda School to help us build and enhance our financial strategy and manage KPI reporting to deliver key insights to leadership. Not only will you lead financial planning for a rapidly growing and exciting business, but you will help build the foundation for a new kind of company.
This is no ordinary finance team and no ordinary company: we aim to upend the traditional model of the way people are trained for the professional workforce. With the Income Sharing Agreement (ISA) financing model, we have unlocked the potential for people to seek a better life without the worry of student debt. We invest in our students to create a truly aligned education model where our student’s success is directly tied to our company’s success. This role will undoubtedly help to shape a new industry, and we are looking for the right candidate ready to make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, build, and enhance the financial strategy of an innovative company at the forefront of a new asset class
- Work with senior leadership on creating metrics to measure growth initiatives that align corporate strategy, business KPIs, and an optimized capital structure
- Review of financial results against plan, enhance and proactively identify performance indicators that drive accurate decision making for company management
- Financial analysis, forecasting, modeling projects, marketplace pricing optimization, fundraising strategy, and ad-hoc data analysis
- BOD, investor, and senior leadership reporting, cross-functional initiatives
- Become an expert in our markets and the nascent ISA space, identify key corporate growth opportunities (organic and inorganic)
A successful candidate will:
- Bring energy, inquisitiveness, creativity, kindness, analytical thinking, problem solving, and a relentlessness to their work
- Prioritize many ongoing projects, stay organized, and communicate well with team members
- Have a strong willingness to dive deep into the processes of the company, identify areas of improvement, implement efficiencies/automate manual efforts
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and be unafraid to take on challenges
- Be student obsessed and always a student
- 2+ years of experience in strategic finance, FP&A, investment banking, management consulting, public accounting, or similar field
- Sound understanding of financial metrics, key business performance indicators, and financial modeling fundamentals
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with database/SQL/BI tools, Powerpoint/Keynote
This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.