Product Manager - Lambda Labs Student Development Team
Learning – Lambda X
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As a product manager in Labs you will be working with student developers and internal stakeholders to craft a product vision that will be built by new junior developers fresh out of the Lambda curriculum and into an apprenticeship environment.
You’ll be working with 2 main objectives:
1. Deliver meaningful product concepts to students that allow them to create impressive capstone projects
2. Help and support product leadership craft a product vision for the Lambda product suite.
The most revolutionary part of the process will be the sheer volume of engineers that will be building the product concepts you craft alongside a design partner and product leadership.
We need the right mix of leadership and vision to craft not just the current projects, but to scale the product concepts for thousands of developers. There will be a significant amount of products needing to be scoped and delivered.
Your core responsibility will be to continue to perform product research with students, hiring partners and other stakeholders. This research and information will give you the confidence to build out and test problem and solution concepts.
Who you are:
The candidate we choose for this role will be responsible for product direction for thousands of student developers in the Lambda Labs experience. This person will work on developing a deep understanding of student and hiring manager problems and ideating on impactful software solutions.
Product direction is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics, and student-facing teams. This means we're excited to find someone who constantly questions the cross-discipline impacts of product decisions, and ensures that all relevant issues are surfaced, considered, and dealt with.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with designers and engineers to research student, hiring manager, and stakeholder pains and problems.
- Work with a product team and other product leadership to build out a vision for product solutions.
- Identify high-value opportunities to create impressive capstone project concepts for students.
- Help plan for scaling and growth of the Lambda Labs student team.
- Attend check-in meetings with teams to give feedback and guidance regularly.
- Collaborate with other Labs Team Leaders, other program instructors, student success associates and leadership to help create an exciting and engaging culture for students.
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon Labs Experience course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Accountable for project completion rates
- Accountable for student culture scores
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry managing products and experiences
- The ability to think creatively, and collaborate with a wide variety of teams
- A technical understanding of software product architecture and scoping
- The ability to turn incomplete or ambiguous problems into solid action plans.
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big plus, if you...
- Live/work in the Salt Lake City area
- Have a passion for education
- Have worked in an engineering organization with 1000+ engineers
- Are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest in Web Development technology
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.