Personal Interview Assistant
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Outcomes – Sales
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As a Personal Interview Assistant at Lambda School, you'll play an integral role in student placements as the day to day work of this role is instrumental in helping Lambda graduates secure life changing job opportunities. This role requires a high degree of autonomy and the flexibility to wear many hats.
You will be responsible for understanding our students' job and career preferences, sourcing open jobs, and preparing students' personal materials for submission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using tools such as LinkedIn Navigator
- Manage prospecting status, data integrity, and forecasting in Salesforce.com
- Achieve, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (meetings, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Respond to inbound customer interest and develop these accounts to create opportunities
- Assist with projects as needed, including but not limited to marketing efforts, student presentations, and creating effective sales materials
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 1+ year experience as an assistant
- You are inspired by Lambda’s mission and are interested in advocating for students
- You have a bias for action, take ownership, and deliver results consistently
- You welcome challenges, set ambitious goals, and have a disciplined approach to accomplishing them
- You are self-motivated and persistent with a go-getter attitude
- You strive for self improvement and view feedback and coaching as a way to continually grow
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- You are creative and willing to approach problems in new ways
- You feel confident using programs like SalesForce, Outreach, and LinkedIn. If you haven’t used them, that’s ok! You have had to learn new programs before and have a knack for picking them up quickly
- Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situation
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong time management skills - you can prioritize effectively, and you have the discipline to avoid multi-tasking so you can focus your efforts on the most important priorities
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Bonus if you...
- have a technical background or at least are familiar with the software development process
- have a passion for education
- have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
- have a strong social following
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have prior start up experience
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.