Salesforce Administrator (Contract)
Engineering – Engineering /
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We’re looking for a Contract Salesforce Administrator to help lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com environment. You should have a strong record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. You will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, configure, deploy, and maintain business processes. You will also be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong Salesforce Administrator to support a complex and dynamic implementation within a fun, fast-paced, and growing organization.
What You Will Do:
- Work with a small Salesforce team and broader engineering team to design and implement solutions across departments, including Admissions, Student Support, School Operations, Outcomes, Alumni Programs, etc.
- Help support basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, troubleshooting and other routine tasks
- Support data import/export and data cleansing activities
- Work independently with stakeholders to define and document development requirements and design/implement scalable solutions
- Support end users with questions or system issues
- Work with leadership to track, prioritize and resolve any system bugs
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skillset across the organization
- Provide support related to third-party integrated apps and workflows as needed
What You Will Need:
- Minimum three years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Administrator certification is required
- Marketing Cloud and/or Experience Cloud (formerly known as Community Cloud) experience is a plus
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Strong data management abilities
- Proven understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of advanced complexity
- Experience building flows and process builders, and leveraging declarative automation features.
- Basic understanding of Apex, Aura Components, or Lightning Web Components is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, student-centric organization
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and to handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and effectively balance user-requested functionality with long term platform stability and scalability
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.