Student Success Coordinator - Remote Position Based in the UK
Remote - UK
Student Success – Student Success
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Google Ventures, Stripe, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
This is a student-facing, semi-technical and administrative role on the Student Success team, reporting to the Director of Student Success. As the Student Success Coordinator, you’ll serve as the main point of contact for project managers (PMs) and provide PMs with the tools they need to support students. Additionally, you’ll provide assessment evaluations of student performance, play a key role in creating student action plans, and manage student feedback loops.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will work a shift from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday on BST (UK Time - currently 8 hours ahead of PDT)
- Will coordinate with Student Success Director or Manager in a daily standup meeting at 4:00 PM BST (8:00 AM PDT)
- Candidate will be responsible for accurate and detailed data entry using Airtable as well as other LMS software to maintain student records
- Maintain the data integrity of the Student Master Tracker, ensuring students have correct labeled sections, entering new class data, and updating section changes.
- Ensure best practices are maintained and enforced within the Student Master Tracker
- Will oversee screening, hiring, and on boarding of future TAs
- Will hold regular meetings with TAs to discuss students and train on best practices
- Uphold a safe and positive learning environment by: Moderating class and public channels in Slack, Work with Teacher’s Assistants to drive a positive culture
- Candidate will be primary contact for students and Teacher’s Assistants in addressing: assigning groups of students to specific Teacher’s Assistants, Attendance Requirements, Participation Requirements, Establishing corrective action plans for students that are off track with graduation requirements
- Supervise Project Managers and oversee PM Slack Channels
- Create training materials and implement new tools and processes for Project Managers
- Proactively reach out to students who may be falling behind and create corrective action plans
- Ensure daily attendance reports are filled out and accurate
- Coordinate with PMs on Daily Standup feedback
- Monitor the Slack Feedback channel
- Manage student feedback looks: Anonymous feedback, Sprint Review feedback, Peer Code Review feedback, etc
- Follow up on Loaner Laptop requests and execution
- Develop and follow up on Student Action plans
- NPS Detractor and Passive outreach
- Support Intro course logistics and PM support coordination
- Other duties as required by the role
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Strong with time management and experience working remotely
- Past international work experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service facing role
- Enjoys working with data and pays great attention to detail
- Is task oriented and diligent about following up
- Great people skills -- sales experience preferred
- Very strong organizational skills
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about helping others succeed
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
- Bonus points for experience with Zoom, Slack, Repl.it, Piazza, Youtube
The position is a full-time, salaried role. We aim to find the right candidate and are looking to hire swiftly.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.