Build Weeks Coordinator
Instruction – Instruction
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As the Build Weeks Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for ensuring student project groups stay on track and have the resources needed to develop and deploy a complete software product. Additionally, a large part of your duties will include planning and designing features and views for student projects, managing infrastructure and platform components of projects, and training Section Leads and PMs in Build Weeks processes and procedures.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
The Build Weeks Coordinator is a student-facing role on the Build Weeks team, reporting to the Build Weeks Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and spec out projects, including but not limited to features, wireframes, and relevant views
- Oversee student project groups in a project manager capacity to ensure projects remain on track
- Track and report on progress towards milestones
- Follow and actively work to improve Lambda Build Weeks software development practices
- Train and supervise Section Leads and Student PMs
- Connect students with relevant resources to complete their projects
- Maintain Build Weeks enterprise accounts, granting access as needed and migrating student projects as appropriate
- Instill relevant career readiness knowledge, skills, and attitudes into student groups
- Schedule and coordinate capstone defenses
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a project management role in a software development environment, ideally with remote teams or teams with a large percentage of entry-level engineers
- High level of computer literacy required
- Passionate about helping others succeed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and effective in public speaking situations
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Bonus if you...
- have prior UI/UX design experience (we love seeing past projects)
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have prior start up experience
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.