Android Program Director - Remote Position
Instruction – Android
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail) , Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
This is an important role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the VP of Instruction. As the Android Program Director, you’ll be responsible for designing the Android program, from curriculum development and implementation to career readiness, as well as leading the Android instructor, project manager, student success, and apprenticeship teams.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, implement, and continue to improve upon Android course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Design, build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon mini-bootcamp curriculum that prepares applicants for the course
- Define applicant prerequisites for the course and additional admissions criteria
- Source, vet, and hire instructors in conjunction with our Operations team
- Manage the Android team of instructors, project managers, student success associates, and apprenticeship associates
- Identify relevant jobs graduates of the program qualify upon completion of the course and collaborate with the Career Development team on creating job readiness curriculum focusing on industry interview best practices and expectations
- Collaborate with the Apprenticeship Director on defining and scoping out the Android projects suitable for students given their skill level
- Accountable for course completion rates, Android graduate placement rates and speed of placements post graduation
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Android industry
- Experience in designing curriculum, teaching, and managing diverse, remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authoritySelf-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big plus, if you....
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have a well known blog or high traffic Youtube channel focusing on Android content
- have presented at mobile centric conferences on Android topics
- have prior start up experience
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits. We aim to find the right candidate and therefore do not have a set timeframe on hiring for this role.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.