San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
What You'll Do:
- Build, test and ship customer-facing features/products using modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack
- Write high quality, well-tested code
- Own web/front-end features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Collaborate with Product Managers & designers in the process of creating design mockups
- Collaborate with the back-end engineer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Help improve user experience and performance of front-end stack
What You'll Need
- 4+ Years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience with ReactJS or React-Native
- Experience with A/B Testing & AnalyticsAre willing to do the tedious things that make a good UX great
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for tough technical challenges
- Strong product sense and experience working closely with product designers
- Deeply cares about user experience and works with product managers and designers to improve the same
- You've developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks
Bonus If You:
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a passion for education
- Have worked with production scale React apps
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.