San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build, test and ship customer-facing features/products using modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, Jest and Webpack
- Write high quality, well-tested code
- Own web/front-end features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Collaborate with Product Managers & designers in the process of creating design mockups
- Collaborate with the back-end engineer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Help improve user experience and performance of front-end stack
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ Years of experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience with ReactJS or React-Native
- Experience with A/B Testing & AnalyticsAre willing to do the tedious things that make a good UX great
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for tough technical challenges
- Strong product sense and experience working closely with product designers
- Deeply cares about user experience and works with product managers and designers to improve the same
- You've developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks
BIG PLUS IF YOU
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
- Have a passion for education
- Worked with production scale React apps
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.