Student Success, Support Specialist
Student Success – Student Success
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Help everyone have an exceptional experience when contacting Lambda School
We’re looking for someone to join our Student Success Support team at Lambda School!
Often, customer support specialists will be the first person at Lambda School that prospective students come into contact with. Whether that’s through an email or an Instagram DM, we want to ensure that they have a stellar experience.
Who you are:
You’re action-oriented, and someone who enjoys helping and explaining new things to people. Most of the potential students who contact Lambda School have questions about finances, the curriculum, or how classes are structured.
You will be responsible for communicating and documenting issues, troubleshooting as needed. You should feel comfortable communicating via email, chat and over the phone.
If you’re constantly curious, a strong writer, and a fast researcher, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Communicate with prospective students via Front, Intercom, Slack, and on social networks.
- Keep track of commonly-asked questions and update lambdaschool.com/faq as needed.
- Know our admissions process inside out, and be able to tell prospective students what options they have, and what classes might fit their schedule.
What you'll need:
- Previous customer support or success experience
- An ability to write quickly and clearly (you need to be fluent and highly proficient in English).
- Great analytical skills, and an ability to explain technical concepts.
- A lot of empathy.
Big plus if you...
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a passion for education
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
- Are familiar with tools like Zendesk, Front, Intercom, Slack, and social networks.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.