Engineering – Design
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We are a growing startup founded in February of 2017. We currently enroll over 100 new students every month. Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we are a 100% remote company with employees across the continental United States.
You must be self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct user and stakeholder research to help define product requirements
- Create wireframes and prototypes to help communicate design concepts
- Create final high fidelity designs
- Work with the engineering team to implement designs and deploy applications
- Iterate on existing applications to improve the user experience
- Design assets for videos, marketing material, and social media posts
- Design icons, layouts, buttons, and all other required assets for applications
Experience, Education, and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a professional UX/UI Designer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Portfolio demonstrating strong user experience design process as well as visual design skills
- Expertise with industry tools, such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc
Bonus if you...
- have formal graphic design experience
- have familiarity with A/B testing tools or processes
- have experience using Google Analytics to inform design decisions
- have worked in early stage start ups
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.