Director of Engineering
San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Recruit engineering team members of all levels
- Coach and mentor talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and creating sensible organizational structures
- Help engineering teams have an impact by building new things and improving existing systems/workflows
- Ensure the team’s ability to understand project requirements, build effective technical project roadmaps and plans, and ship high-quality products
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years of experience in roles relevant to software engineering and development
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager, particularly in a high-growth environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a bias toward open, transparent cultural practices
- Extensive experience developing new teams and managers
- Strong technical skills, a willingness to be hands-on and dive in technical details
- Comfortable with leading large cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams
- Experience with distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges
BIG PLUS IF YOU
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Experience building software using AWS suite of products
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Passion and drive to change education for the better
- Have previous experience at a fast paced, high growth stage internet/software companyHave a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.