Community Operations Manager, Admissions
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Student Success – Admissions
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
The admissions department is responsible for identifying which individuals make the best students, and provide them with an outstanding introductory experience. This is an exciting, fast growth opportunity to both help build our admissions process from the ground up and to transform lives across the US, Europe, Canada, Africa and Asia.
This position is based out of Lehi, UT and reports to the Sr. Program Manager of Admissions, and is part of the Student Success team.
What You'll Do
- Play a key role in effectively operationalizing and scaling admissions
- Assist with the building of a world-class user support experience
- Be a jack-of-all trades––monitor and manage a number of moving parts at any given moment, such as interviews with applicants, the collection of user feedback, and ongoing documentation
- Write and maintain help center articles, saved replies, and internal knowledge base articles
- Be the Voice of the Customer (VoC), driving company-wide efforts to deliver meaningful experiences to applicants and enrolled students
- Develop proactive and reactive solutions for known defects and unreported bugs
- Work closely with our marketing, comms, and operations teams to best optimize the admissions funnel
- Provide consistent, organized reporting to internal stakeholders; ensure timely information flow between Student Success, Growth, and Outcomes teams
What You'll Need
- 2-5 years of experience in fast-paced work environments
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Emphatic attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously in ambiguous, quickly-evolving environments
- An aptitude for gathering and utilizing data to make decisions
- A strong team player mentality and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- Flexibility and the ability to handle pressure under tight deadlines, particularly when having to pick up new projects on the fly
Bonus if you...
- Have previous experience in community management or at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a passion for equality and leveling the playing field
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.