Senior Product Manager, Admissions
San Francisco Bay Area
Product Management – Product Managers
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Improve the experience of being a Lambda student
We're looking for someone to join as a growth leader on the product team at Lambda School, a new team at a revolutionary new education company.
As the head of Product for our admissions process, you'll design the best admissions flow, from the first time someone hears about Lambda School to their first day as a student. The candidate we hire for this position will be someone who's capable of seeing the view from 30,000 feet, but who's also capable of rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
As the person in charge of the big picture, you'll have access to all of the resources required, from analysts to engineers to product marketers. It'll be your job to effectively allocate these resources and ensure that Lambda School's admissions flow is the most precise and streamlined in the industry.
We need the right mix of leadership and vision to scale not just the current programs, but all future iterations and new lines of business. Admissions is an incredibley key part of the student lifecycle and something we want to rethink from the ground up to really align with student success and ensure the greatest accesibility to those that can benefit from our program the most.
Who you are:
The candidate we choose for this role will be responsible for the vision, growth and management of the admissions platform. This person will work on developing solutions to problems in the Lambda experience. If you want to help rebuild education from the ground up, we'd like to talk to you.
Product direction is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics, and student-facing teams. This means we're excited to find someone who constantly questions the cross-discipline impacts of product decisions, and ensures that all relevant issues are surfaced, considered, and dealt with.
What you'll do:
- Build out a growth driven product organization and vision for the core Lambda student experience
- Experiment with new tools, products, and processes to constantly iterate on and improve the Lambda School admissions experience.
- Ensure that all applicants have a white-glove experience, irrespective of what their admissions decision is.
- Identify high-value opportunities and work with stakeholders to continuously improve the experience of being a Lambda School student.
- Ensure that product specifications meet Lambda School's high standards before being approved and launched.
- Work with the engineering teams to ensure that product specifications are well-understood by all involved..
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience managing products and experiences.
- The ability to think creatively, and collaborate with a wide variety of teams.
- Executive level management and team building experienceIncredible written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing product suites from kick-off to ship.A willingness to do whatever it takes at Lambda to make the product (and your team!) successful.
- The ability to turn incomplete or ambiguous problems into solid action plans.
Big plus if you....
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have previous product management and team development experience
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.