Learning – Curriculum Research and Development
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We're seeking a talented technical curriculum developer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background to help drive the creation of course content for new programs at Lambda. As a member of the Curriculum Research and Development team you'll be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing high quality training content for our students.
This is not a training delivery role as it does not involve regular classroom delivery of material. You will play a significant role in the growth of Lambda's course offerings.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of Lambda School. Candidates will have experience in designing, developing, implementing, and managing a wide range of training and development solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate effectively with the Curriculum director, subject matter experts and other team members to build curriculum for new courses across a wide array of topics
- Translate technical material into effective learning modules designed for students new to the subject
- Work independently to manage multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Prior experience building technical curriculum
- Excellent project/program management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical audiences and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage ambiguous projects, identify and solve blockers, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big Plus if you...
- have software development, UX design, or other technical ability
- have prior experience working at an early stage, high growth start up
- have prior experience working on a remote or dispersed team
- are familiar with zoom and slack work flows
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.