Senior Product Manager, Outcomes
San Francisco Bay Area
Product Management – Product Managers
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Improve the experience of being a Lambda student
We're looking for someone to join as a growth driven product leader on the Outcomes team at Lambda School, a new team at a revolutionary new education company.
As the head of Product for our outcomes processes, you'll be in charge of the student experience from their last day of class to the first day of their new job.
The Outcomes Team is responsible for two key areas of Lambda School:
1. Fostering the skills Lambda students and alumni need to get great jobs and advance their careers.
2. Developing and growing our hiring network, and facilitating interactions between employers and suitable Lambda graduates.
Your job: Build a system that makes students the comodity in the job hunt experience.
As the person in charge of the big picture, you'll have access to all of the resources required, from analysts to engineers to product marketers. It'll be your job to effectively allocate these resources and ensure that Lambda School's outcomes experience is the most precise and streamlined in the industry.
The candidate we hire for this position will be someone who's capable of seeing the view from 30,000 feet, but who's also capable of rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
Who you are:
Lambda School's mission is to be the best place in the world to launch a new career, and the Outcomes team is a huge part of this mission. We also want to be the first place that tech companies go to hire new people.
We're looking for someone dedicated and talented, but in particular, we're looking for someone who can take smart risks. We can't do outcomes like every other school -- we want to try new things and discover what works.
If you're good at going off the beaten path and iterating quickly on new plans, we want to talk to you.
Product direction is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics, and student-facing teams. This means we're excited to find someone who constantly questions the cross-discipline impacts of product decisions, and ensures that all relevant issues are surfaced, considered, and dealt with.
What you'll do:
- Experiment with new tools, products, and processes to constantly iterate on and improve the Lambda School outcomes experience.
- Ensure that all graduating students and hiring partners have a white-glove experience.
- Identify high-value opportunities and work with stakeholders to continuously improve the experience companies have when hiring a Lambda School student.
- Ensure that product specifications meet Lambda School's high standards before being approved and launched.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience managing products and experiences.
- The ability to think creatively, and collaborate with a wide variety of teams.
- Executive level management and team building experienceIncredible written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing product suites from kick-off to ship.A willingness to do whatever it takes at Lambda to make the product (and your team!) successful.
- The ability to turn incomplete or ambiguous problems into solid action plans.
Big plus if you....
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Experience working on both B2C and B2B platforms
- Have previous product management and team development experience
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.