Growth – Admissions
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Lambda School is growing and as the application volume increases, we need more staff to ensure every applicant gets a fair and expedient review, and to get students on-boarded smoothly. As the Admissions Assistant at Lambda School, you’ll be responsible for assisting the Director of Admissions with administrative tasks, interviews, and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with admissions interviews, especially for our international applicants
- Assist with handling Intercom communications on our website
- Assist with handling Facebook communicationsAssist with prospect and applicant emails
- Add accepted students into our Student Slack
- Communicate with prospects and accepted students about interviews and precourse work
- Make tough denial decisions every day, while still maintaining a healthy attitude
- Provide reporting, including any requested by the VP of Growth
- Assist with loaner computer decisions, forms, shipping and returns
- Assist with processing deferral requests
- Work with with Student Success and or Operations team to hand off students for day one of class
- Adapt as needed as this startup accelerates; things move fast hereT
- he hours are very long, especially before cohort start dates. You will work through many evenings and weekends.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ year experience in a very fast-paced workplace
- 1+ year experience using SalesForce
- Fanatical about punctuality and deadlines
- Comfortable learning new softwareRock-solid work ethic
- Applicants’ financial futures depend on our efficiency
- You must be able to get high speed internet and strong cell phone service at your home
Bonus if you...
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have been a SalesForce Admin
- Have been a Slack Admin
- Are familiar with Intercom, Zoom, Airtable or Zapier
- Live/work in the Oakland area
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.